Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hello Blogging World

I haven't posted in a while, I'm sorry...I know you are all on the edge of you seats wondering what I have been up to. This summer has just been so PERFECT I don't have time to blog...I'll try to be better though because I actually have things to blog about which is shocking!

So I went home for about a month from about mid May to mid June. It was so fun, and so great to spend an extended period of time with the fam!
That hasn't happened for about 2 years!!! But I'm back in P-town now. It's so great, summers here are SOO fun! I'm really enjoying myself. Also I'm really glad I'm not taking classes...1. because I have no classes to take in the fall and 2. because I would ABSOLUTELY not be motivated. Here have been some highlights of the last month:
  1. I contracted an eye disease while I was in CA....thanks! So I can not wear my contacts for 3 months...I hate glasses. It has been really ridiculous. (that isn't fun I just wanted to share)
  2. 4th of July is done BIG in Provo. They have "Freedom Days" which is this little street fair thing with booths that sell an array of RANDOMNESS and they have performances and fun things to check out. My roommate performed so I went and watched her and went another day to just check things out. It was way fun. The 4th was a Sunday so the city celebrated on the 3rd and the 5th...obviously! :) On the 3rd there were fireworks from the stadium of fire which I missed...long story, not that important but it was still fun. On the 5th there was a parade...WOW...never seen such a parade. It was literally 2.5 hours long...um....WHAT?!?! It was the craziest thing I've ever seen but so fun, I actually felt patriotic on the 4th this year. I did however receive a picture from my mom and realized that the legend still lives on...
  3. So random activities in Provo are probably my favorite thing...last week there was a shaving cream slip-n-slide...if any of you know me you know that is right up my alley! There were SO many people there and I'm surprised I didn't get more than a few scrapes and bruises. It was AWESOME!
Just to give you an idea of what it looked like! With all the peeps!
Action Shot! Bryanne is in the green shorts...we're going to be roommates next year (fun fact of the day). Also please take note of my foot about to kick that girl in the face. That day...we all got a little closer!
And here is the group that I came with...actually Brandon came with us too but idk where he was...These are some ward friends! It was so fun. After we went and washed ourselves off in the pool. Hopefully they have good filters!

So this week's random activities are an outdoor movie on the capitol lawn, world's largest water balloon fight, and pioneer day celebrations. For those of you not familiar with pioneer day...be jealous, we get a day off work! YES!! Three day weekend BABY!!! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment