Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Moment

So I opened my mission call last Thursday as you all probably already know. It was such a weird experience. I don't know what I was expecting but the whole night just felt kind of surreal. I made this decision and know it is right BUT it doesn't feel real. I thought it would feel more real at this moment...not the case.

If you were there or watched the videos it was a CLASSIC Brittany moment, I had some serious struggles.

Immediately after I opened it people kept asking me "HOW DO YOU FEEL?!?!!" I don't know what they were expecting and I don't know what I should have been feeling but I don't think I HAD any feelings. I was feeling-less if you will. My response was continually "I don't know....excited...I think!" I was so happy but it was all a little bit much to take in. As the night went on and people left and I had some time to process I got REALLY excited, nervous, scared, happy, and about a million other emotions. For those of you who don't know the verdict is...

Brazil Londrina

3 comments:

  1. We love you Brittany! Thank you for inviting us to be there. It was a highlight experience and I would not have missed it for anything. I felt like Michael all over again! You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a great big tide pool :) I love you and know you are going to be a wonderful missionary, you already are. Thank you for being you and blessing my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Congrats Brittany. You are going to make such a great missionary! I am always so impressed how you stay cheerful through any situation and I know you'll make your mission a good experience. When do you leave? Meep, how am I going to hear all about your life when you don't post on here?? And how in the world are they gonna find a replacement for you at work :).

    ReplyDelete