Friday, November 12, 2010

Snow Canyon Half Marathon

I ran my first half marathon on Saturday, November 6th and it was great. Sarah and I ran it together and we did pretty good. Well actually it was pretty hard let me take you through some of the highlights!!!

-miles 1-4: on the street went by pretty fast, it was all down hill so we were CRUSIN'
-miles 4-9ish: were in snow canyon and it was pretty beautiful, st. george is beautiful (educational lesson: the rocks are red in st. george due to the abundance of iron oxide in the rock/dirt)
-miles 10-13: this was TORTUROUS seriously...I thought I was going to die...up until this point it was ALL down hill and then all the sudden it was uphill and hot and I was....struggles! But I ran the whole way and made it.
-mile 13-13.1: at this point I wanted to KILL whoever decided upon the trail because they decided it would be a good idea to have us run a lap around a track...FOR REAL?!?!

here are some of my favorite moments:
**mile 1: there was a WAY stinky man but I was way proud of him, he rocked it and was crusin the whole time!
**mile 7: they had GU for us and I had heard this stuff is NASTY but Sarah and I decided that we wanted to experience everything along the journey so we were going to eat it. So we get to the GU and we both take one I rip off the top and took a HUGE gulp of it fully expecting for it to make me puke. If any of you know me at all you know that I am an extremely picky eater. So shocking to me I LOVED this stuff. I thought it was delicious, I started "eating" it slow and savoring it. Seriously it tasted like cookie dough. Sarah on the other hand was behind me gagging because she thought it was so gross. lol.
**mile 9: we were still feeling pretty good hear and we ran by this guy who was BLASTING Ke$ha (tick tock) and I could hear it CLEARLY and started dancing and singing along with him...it was great! This picture was also right around the same time...we were still feeling good!
**mile 13.1: this picture accurately depicts how I felt, it cracks me up though. Check out the agony on my face!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! That is so awesome that you ran the whole time! You're lucky you got a cookie goo. The fruit ones are DISGUSTING! I can't believe they made you run around the track to finish it off! There's nothing worse than being able to see the finish line but hardly making any progress to get there. Anyways, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete