Thursday, March 25, 2010

HOLI COLORS!

Ok so every March (I'm not sure if it is on the same day or date or what) there is this Festival of Colors down in Spanish Fork at a temple of some religion. I really should know more about this but I don't. So last year Bri and I tried to go with two other friends but we didn't realize how big it was going to be and ended up missing it. We got separated from the boys and ended up wandering around the temple and ended up getting SOME color on us. It was pretty pathetic BUT it was KINDA fun. Anyways. This Saturday it is happening again. I have been waiting for this day for an ENTIRE year...it's like Christmas. I have no idea what the religious background is to this day BUT I'm super excited for it and basically all you do is throw colored chalk at each other and get it all over you. Anyways hopefully we look a little more colorful than this on Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. The temple is the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple and it's a celebration from India that officially ends winter and introduces spring or something like that. I was curious so I looked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thank you! I did find the name of the temple (thank you facebook!) BUT I can't figure out what religion it is! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.utahkrishnas.org/
    This is the link to the website of the temple it's called a Lotus temple not sure if that's muslim or what, but anyway have fun.

    ReplyDelete