Monday, March 1, 2010

Shut your mouth!

Alright so I have issues...I'm pretty sure I have a mild form of OCD (sometimes it is more mild than others lol). One of my BIGGEST things is the sound of people eating or drinking...pretty much in general but I can usually hyperfocus on something else to ignore it EXCEPT in class. UH! I almost despise when people eat in class. Just to clarify not all foods, I don't care if you eat some sort of quite food in class like a sandwich or something else that is soft. But um...HELLO! Don't eat carrots in class. It literally makes me a crazy person. I can't focus on anything but that OBNOXIOUS person eating those carrots. And I'm sure they are kind loving people but I can't stand them and I don't even know them! Today this girl in my class was eating and she was sitting DIRECTLY behind me and in the beginning she was eating carrots so she was automatically stereotyped in my head and then she proceeded to eat some gold fish (which is normally harmless...NOT THIS TIME). She ate them with her mouth open every 20 seconds it was like CRUNCH! Oh man! It was a rough day! Anyways, for any of you out there that eat carrots or other loud food in public places, the OCD people in the world would really appreciate if you would stop!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry...I think I made you that way :) BUT I love you and will never eat carrots in your ear, but I will whistle, and you hate that too! Hurry up and COME HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure we've talked about this before, but I feel the exact same way! Another HUGE issue is eating loud things in the library. I feel like the sound is magnified because it's such a stark contrast to the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my BIGGEST annoyance EVERRRR!!!.. i seriously have the urge to punch people when they do that.. i more hate the swallowing/ suliva-y chewing noises than crunching.. but i totally understand how that would be annoying too!.

    ReplyDelete