Thursday, October 22, 2009

And isn't it ironic...don't you think?!

So about 5 weeks ago now Bri and I went to this BEAUTIFUL lake! It was such a great get away! It was a little blessing sent from above and I tried to truly capture its breath-taking beauty but it was not capturable (at least my my camera). This picture does not do it justice but it was so great and we had a TON of fun in the water!
Now that really isn't that ironic thus far! However the beauty described above has led me to the recent discovery of this...Thats right people, I have giardia. Now for those of you who don't know what this is we're going to have a little lesson. I didn't know what it was until the doctor said that I might have it. So it is a parasite that you get from fresh water that lives in your small intestines. It come from either fish or human poop and is ingested. So apparently I don't swim with my mouth closed and some fishies were pooping in the lake and I swallowed it! GROSS!!!! Just so you get a better picture here is what a giardia looks like and here is what my small intestines look like (ENJOY!)


My stomach hurts like HECK! I wish these stinkin bugs would get out of my gut! I have had most of the symptoms for about 3 weeks now. Tomorrow is my final day of antibiotics which I am so grateful for because they make my mouth have the NASTIEST taste you could dream of. I constantly have some kind of candy in my mouth to get rid of the taste. I can't wait for all of them to be gone!

On a funnier note my mom is SO paranoid about this now. She keeps telling me that she is going to duck tape her mouth when she goes to a lake next and I am not allowed to take even baths anymore and she is afraid to drink out of drinking fountains. It is quite humorous!

I know I haven't blogged in a while and now there is this VERY uplifting post...I hope you all enjoyed it thoroughly! Hope you are all doing well! :)

3 comments:

  1. It's true!!! I am scared of all water now. Ignorance really is bliss....because this feeling I have now is not bliss. :) I love you and I hope these little bugs get out of you soon. You are coming home for Christmas and I only want it to be you. Not you and all your little friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWWW. I can't believe you got GIARDIA!! What are the chances?! lol. You know what's funny? Rich is learning about infectious diseases right now and he has been showing me the SICKEST pictures of worms coming out of people (I almost barf every time he shows me one)! Anyways, I hope those little bugs get out of you fast! You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany this is Mike not Lisa. I was just checking on you and time has flown. I cant believe your a junior. That's got to feel like your finally making a dent in your goal. College is great, it's quite an adventure. However in your studies may I suggest a health class. I do believe fish is in the food pyramid. It's suppose to be good for you, omega 3 and all that but maybe your not eating it right. Try it BBQ on the lakeshore instead of under water. Random! I know. O.K. enough teasing. Hope your feeling better. I hope to see you at Christmas. We're having Salmon if you want to come over. JK. BIG HUG. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete