Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hawaii

Ok so here is my official post about Hawaii! It was such a great trip! It was so fun to be around family for an extended period of time because I didn't get to go home at all this summer. I am so grateful for Grammy and Papa for taking me and enabling a WONDERFUL time to be had by all. On top of everything I got to have a little break from school! It was very nice! Any of you can go and read a detailed list of the things that we did on Ashlie's blog so I am going to tell you the top 10 things (in my opinion) that happened on the trip. Also I didn't take as many picture as Ashlie but here are a few of my favoites along with a link to see them all for your viewing pleasure!

TOP 10:
  1. I flew there and back by myself so I had a different experience on my planes than the rest of my family. On the way there I sat next to quite possibly the nicest woman I have ever met. It is a big gamble flying by your lonesome and I have done it quite often and never really had a bad experience but this woman was a blessing. No one wants to have a bad experience for 5 and a half hours. This woman was born, raised, and currently still lives in Hawaii (kinda cool!). Anyways she was not overbearing...she slept, I slept, we chatted a bit, we laughed at The Proposal together, she shared some history about Hawaii with me. All in all she was great. She even gave me a list of the places I should go while I was there. We didn't go to any of them BUT it was very kind
  2. One day at the beach we looked through the sand and found some of the SWEETEST rocks and shells! They were really cool! We started a mini rock/shell collection!
  3. 3 words...Cheeseburger in Paradise. This place was delicious and it was even better because it really was a cheeseburger in paradise.
  4. Stairs story: There is no way to fully capture the funniness of this story but seriously take my word for it...it was hilarious. If you don't know what I'm talking about check out Ashlie's Blog!
  5. The Hawaiin sunsets...breathtaking!
  6. Being with the family: It was so great to spend time with each of them. They are all so crazy! I got to know all of them a little better this week! So many many good times!
  7. Being so very very close to the beach. If you know me you know that I LOVE the beach and really any body of water. I would live in the water if I could...but I can't. So it was really great to be able to be so close to the beach and go any time I wanted!
  8. Wearing a bathing suit for 80% of the time I was awake during the day. For most of the same reasons stated above. I could go in the water at ANY given moment!
  9. The bee story: Really again if you haven't already heard it please read it on Ashlie's blog....so funny! I can't really explain to you the humor and it probably seems really mean but watching her FLAIL around while none of us knew what was going on will be an image I have in my head for a LONG time to come!
  10. Last but not least...this went in like descending order...this is really the number one reason. Ms. Abigail Eilmas. It was so fun to be able to spend time with her and meet her little personality. I haven't got to spend much time with her yet and it was so great. She is the cutest little thing. We had a lot of fun...I taught her to relax (put her hand behind her head and just lay there basically! lol). She got pretty good at it though. Toward the end of the trip when we were playing I'd tell her to relax and she'd put her hand up behind her head. She is such a sweet baby. I miss her. I wish I could spend more time with her
All in all it was a FABULOUS trip! Couldn't have asked for better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment