Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Pick-up!

My calling this semester is FHE mom and so far it has been pretty fun. It is a little tough because we have ZERO budget...I'm not sure where it went but whatever. So I kinda of have to be creative with my activities and thus far it has been good. This past Monday my group and another group joined together and it was SO GREAT! We decided to get 6 pumpkins to carve and make sugar cookies to decorate. After said events were complete we doorbell ditched them to different people in the ward. Great plan and was very fun!When me and another mom (pictured above) decided to do this I immedately thought of the sugar cookies we make a Christmas time as a family! They are my favorite and I was STOKED to make them! They turned out SOOO BAD! They were disgusting. I mean there were a few people who have apparently never had a good cookie that ate like 20 but in my opinion they were BAD! So my mom is going to teach me how to make them when I go home because clearly I am challenged! I'm really excited!

During the activity I felt like a real mom, I didn't get to really participate in the activity at all because I was running around the whole time. I was running from the basement (where the pumpkins were...outside) to the kitchen (1 floor up) ALL NIGHT! I just ran up and down and up and down and up and....you get the point. I thought I was going to die I was so sweaty. After everyone left I was EXHAUSTED I laid down on the couch in a friend's lap. She was playing with my hair and all the sudden her hand was getting stuck...there was FROSTING IN MY HAIR! I couldn't believe that was the tipping point...I experienced motherhood for 1 hour of my life :) haha! It was actually really funny and I couldn't believe I had frosting in my hair considering I frosted only one cookie AFTER everyone left! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment