Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Make-up Quandary

So I have decided in my life to not be SO dependent on my make-up...some days I just don't have to wear it. Haha...this doesn't happen often BUT some mornings are just a little busy and I don't have time for my make up and it really isn't a big deal to me because I am not trying to impress anyone at work. So this leads me to some problems...I know that I look better with make-up on...most people do. If we didn't, we wouldn't wear it. That being said I don't think I really look that much different with or without make-up...my eyelashes are pretty dark and pretty long on their own so its not like my eyes disappear.
HOWEVER
Last time I didn't wear make-up a woman at work asked me if I was feeling alright because I looked pale and flushed. I had to inform her that I just wasn't wearing any make up. Apparently the natural me looks like I am about to barf.
Now to the real reason for this post is because this morning I didn't have time to put make up on because of an really annoying alarm that was going off in my room for like a half hour or something but I didn't know what it was let alone that it was mine because I had never heard it before. I packed up my room last night and apparently in the process turned on the alarm on my iHome and it was going off at like 6:15 this morning. So finally at 6:30 when I realized that it was coming from my room I had to start going through boxes to find it. Needless to say all of my nicely organized and packed belongings are not longer that way. Sorry...tangent...back to the make-up. So I was just sitting in here and a guy that I work with comes in and asks me if I am feeling alright because I look like I have a cold.
UH! Seriously what is the deal...I don't wear make-up and I look sick. MAN! This is ridiculous...I am DEFINITELY wearing make-up tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. It is true- people get used to people being a certain way like you and your make up without it you are sick. If I am quiet because I have nothing to say then something has to be wrong with me even though nothing is wrong I just have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! So I wrote you this long comment and somehow it got erased. Anyways, I'm so glad you commented on my blog cuz I lost yours! Now I can stalk you again! I laughed SO hard when I read this post! I have one guess which lady asked if you were sick!!! lol! Don't worry, I never wore makeup to work. People got used to it eventually. Heck, I even came to work with really greasy hair and nobody ever made a comment - at least to my face :). Those extra minutes in bed were just too precious. Plus I'm sure you look just beautiful without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Leslie...it is so not who you think! It was Jill! Haha. But yeah...I have worn make up every day since...I can't bring myself to do it again...I don't want to hear how sick I look! lol!

    ReplyDelete