Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Opportunities come, and then they are gone"

Lately I have been realizing that I need to be happy in the things that are going on in my life right now and not look to the future to solve the things I feel are not right in my life. I have been thinking about this talk that President Monson gave in last October's conference. Here are some highlights and some quotes I found particularly inspiring:

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays"
-The Music Man
"For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift."
-D&C 88:33
"Whatever hour God has blessed you with, take it with grateful hand, nor postpone your joys from year to year, so that in whatever place you have been, you may say that you have lived happily"
-Horace

1 comment:

  1. Alright so I'm a blog stocker. At least you know who I am. I struggle with your post's topic a lot. I always think I'll be happy when this happens but then when it does happen, I want something else to happen and then I'll be happy. Example- I'll be happy when I have my first baby, but then it was I'll be happy when I get to stay home with that baby. Then I realized I wasn't appreciating the good stuff that was/is happening now. And that exact talk has helped me. I actually have "Find Joy in the Journey" written in my to-do notebook. So you are not alone and good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete