Monday, June 22, 2009

1 year older and wiser too!

This weekend was one for the books! I seriously have the BEST friend in the whole world. She planned this trip for my birthday with some surprises and it was SO much fun. We left on Wednesday morning at about 8 and then got home Sunday night at midnight. It was a long trip and it was exhausting but it was SO much fun.

Day 1 (the birthday day!)
I was under the impression that we were going to California only to be greatly surprised when we stopped in Vegas to stay at a beautiful resort. It's a really funny story because I was pretty oblivious to everything and had no idea this was coming. I also was sort of sick and was not feeling well. I had thrown up the day before we left and was not doing my best. So after we stopped for lunch Bri asked me if I would drive. I sort of felt like dying and driving was the last thing I wanted to do but I really didn't have a choice because she would not ask me to drive unless she really needed me to. So I am fully expecting to have to drive the nest 4 hours to California, but to my GREAT surprise we stopped a short 5 minutes away. We were a little bit off the strip in a really nice family friendly resort. It was so fun. They had 3 different pools and a lazy river. It was fun we hung out there for a little while, went swimming, and then hit the town. We went to check out the outlets and they were pretty sweet but we didn't have much time there. We made reservations for dinner and had to get to them. After a VERY expensive VERY gross dinner we walked down the strip to the fountains at the Bellagio. They were beautiful, we were going to hang out there for a little while but we were both pretty much hating the strip and all of its dirtiness, so we headed back to the hotel.NOTE: when we were at the pool I was not doing so well, my legs were convulsively shaking and I thought I was going to throw up. So there are so cute pictures of me chewing my pepto bismol!

There are some funny pictures in there. Notice in the top left corner there is a picture of Bri and I's reflection while we were riding down an elevator. She apparently was not aware of the picture being taken, she looks very unhappy. She really did have a good time! :)

Also while we were in Vegas there was this hilarious sign in the bathroom. I mean it really wasn't funny at all but I found it quite amusing! It said and I quote "Drinking wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages during pregnancy can cause birth defects". Haha. Only in Vegas are you going to find a sign like that.

Day 2

This day was equally if not more fun than the previous day. We woke up fairly early in the morning and went swimming for a couple hours. Then we had to pack up and be out of our room by noon. We found this super cute little place to eat on the strip called Serendipity 3 (it is very much like the place from the movie serendipity. It is so cute, we have not stopped talking about it since we left! lol. After lunch we headed to Cali (for reals this time). One of our really good friend's family lives in Laguna Hills and he graciously offered his home to us. We were kind of nervous because he wasn't going to be there and we have never met his family but he claimed that "we would never meet a more hospitable people". After meeting them, they were just that. Couldn't have asked for nicer people. So we arrived at their house that evening and then the two of us headed to the beach. It was pretty late so we just sat on the beach by some fire pits and admired the beauty of the ocean for a couple hours.
Day 3 (the beach day!)
This day was great we went to two different beaches, the first one a definite favorite among the both of us. Then we went to see The Proposal, it was good...not great. We both loved the people in the movie but the movie itself was not all it was cracked up to be. And after the movie we went to BJ'S!!!!! It was a very relaxing fun day.

Before viewing these pictures please be aware that not one drop of make up was placed on our faces and we have some SERIOUS beach hair.
Day 4
This was the last real day of our vacation, we went and visited my dad because he just moved down to San Diego and was only about an hour and a half from where we were. This was a depressing day. Not only was it the end, it rained almost all day. We wanted to go rent a jet ski and have some fun but for numerous reasons it ended up not working out. We went to Coronado Island with my dad, step mom, two sisters, and aunt. We spent the better part of the day there. We took a ferry over to San Diego and had lunch on the shore, we then walked around this fun place that had lots of little things to do. Then we went back to his house and hung out there for a while. After we left them we were driving on the freeway and saw the temple so we stopped at took some pictures and then we went to this cute Italian restaurant and headed home.
Day 5
It was the end. We were not ready to go back to Provo and have to work and basically just NOT be at the beach. I am pretty sure we complained about it all the way home too. But we got up in the morning, took our time getting ready, ate breakfast, said goodbye to the family, and were on our way.

It was such a fabulous trip! I wish it wouldn't have ended so soon but I guess it is back to real life now! I have a ton more pictures so if you want to see them click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment