Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pedicures and Hot Tubs

Yesterday I finally took FULL advantage of my apartment complex. They offer free pedicures, manicures, hair cuts, and a whole variety of other amenities. I have never taken advantage of this in the almost year that I have lived here. Yesterday I finally did, I went and got a pedicure for free. I think you are technically supposed to tip them BUT I don't usually carry around any cash and I wasn't going to make a special trip to the bank so that I could tip her. Anyways, it was so great, it was a real pedicure and best of all it was absolutely FREE! The only down side was that there was only about 10 choices of nail polish, but it was fine there were some cute ones!

Later last night I decided I wanted to go to the hot tub, which really isn't too surprising because I am a HUGE fan of the hot tub, Bri and I go quite often. However last night was a little different, our hot tub closes at 10pm (which is REALLY lame!) and we weren't home yet and it was 9:40 so there was no way that we were going to make it in time to go to our's. We have been to other complex's hot tubs before (we are hot tub hoppers!) but last night was a night unlike any other! We drove to one complex and it was closed for maintenance (no big deal off to the next), no water in the pool or the spa (not really going to work out, off to the next), about a million people in the hot tub and people waiting outside because there wasn't enough room (off to the next...seriously I thought third time was the charm?!). At this point there is no going home, we have been driving around for 45 minutes and we are not going home dry...that is lame! We finally go to one that we have never been to before but have heard good things about. Finding hot tubs in strang apartment complxes is interesting, you are walking around in your bathing suit aimlessly hoping that you stumble upon a hot tub and OH did we stumble upon a hot tub. There were SO many people there I could not believe it, it was so overwhelming. There was no space but at this point we were not NOT getting in. We brave the overpopulated hot tub, squeeze our way in and ended up having a great time, but it was a TON of work for just a few short minutes in some warm water! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment